Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Artist Spotlight:Alla Parahnevich





We all want to experience our childhood again one way or another. Hence the popularity of movies like Alice in Wonderland or, really, anything a hipster does. The above Watercolour and Batik pieces are a part of the Multitude Series, which started out as a visual diary after Alla Parahnevich immigrated to Australia from Belarus in 2005.

To me, the pieces hold a childlike wonder about the world that is often lost as we grow older. Alla’s inspiration about the Multitude Series is described in her bio - “I have considered the existence of my personal identity, which had been remodelled with every cultural addition; changing my personal views and interests, and taking me further and further from the starting point.”

Sounds like going further and further down the rabbit hole, really.

Alla Parahnevich can be contacted on artalla@yahoo.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment